It’s never too soon to start taking care of your skin! In your twenties your skin tends to be at it’s peak, so many of us become lazy because we think we don’t “need” skincare. But that’s just not the case! One of the greatest skincare tips is that prevention of damage is far easier than cure! Also, late night partying, excessive alcohol consumption and eating junk-food are all common occurrences in your 20’s. Each one of these can have a negative effect on your skin. So let’s take a look at some skincare tips that will help you out with preserving and protecting your skin’s health.
Back To The Basics
The four main steps to any skincare routine should be cleanse, tone, moisturise and protect.
- Wash your face both morning and night
- Try using a gentle cleanser on your skin so that it doesn’t dry out
- Never leave your makeup on when you go to bed! Ensure that, no matter how late the night, you remove your eye makeup and also deep cleanse away your makeup. Steer clear of face wipes! Learn more about why here.
- If you are prone to breakouts, or suffer with oily skin, use a blemish-busting cleanser containing Salicylic Acid or Benzoyl Peroxide
- Toning helps to renew and resurface your skin
- Choose a toner which is most suitable for your specific skin type
- A good toner will help to de-clog pores to reveal a brighter, smoother complexion
- Restore hydration with a good moisturiser
- This is even more essential during winter months when your skin needs all the help it can get!
- For evenings, you can pick a heavier moisturiser which will work at repairing your skin while you sleep.
- Protecting your skin from UV damage year-round is a must! 80-90% of skin ageing is caused by sun exposure. The best way to help prevent signs of ageing later on in life is to use SPF.
- Even on a cloudy day, up to 80% of UV rays can still penetrate the skin!
- If you suffer with particularly dry or sensitive skin, try our Solar Shade SPF50
Take Care Of Your Eyes
The skin around your eye area is super delicate! Take care not to rub too hard when cleansing or removing makeup as this can speed up the ageing process. Check out our guide to eyecare here.
Easy On The Exfoliator
Exfoliating is a very important part of your skin care routine, but excessive scrubbing can be too harsh for the skin, causing issues like inflammation and even breakouts! By over-exfoliating you strip your skin of its natural oils, causing your cells to work in overdrive and create excessive sebum to counteract this. This then results in clogged pores and breakouts. Our recommendation is to exfoliate 1-3 times a week.
If you’re not sure which exfoliator is best for your skin type, here’s a guide to help:
- For Oily Skin choose Refresh Facial Polish
- If you suffer with Dry Skin, try Brightening Polish
- Combination Skin will benefit from Pumpkin Enzyme Scrub
- For Sensitive Skin the best choice will be Gentle Enzyme Exfoliant
2 little ingredients that will go a long way in your skincare are Vitamin C and Hyaluronic Acid. Vitamin C is an essential ingredient as it helps to stimulate collagen production, which keeps skin tight and plump to prevent wrinkles. However, despite it being so important, our bodies do not produce it on their own, and for those of us who unluckily don’t get to see sunshine that often (or don’t have the option to jet off somewhere sunny) our best alternative is a topical application. That’s where the Daily Power C Serum comes in. Apply this antioxidant after toning and it’ll act as both collagen-booster, a brightener and anti-inflammatory saviour.
Combine with, Hyaluronic Acid filled, Daily Hydration to improve penetration of your skincare products. It helps safeguard skin against environmental damage for overall healthier skin.