Aloe Vera is widely used in skincare and makeup. The Aloe Vera Gel used in cosmetics is secreted from its leaves. But what is so special about this ingredient? Discover it’s top skin benefits below.
Benefits of Aloe Vera in Skincare
Aloe Vera is a powerful anti-inflammatory with healing, soothing and hydrating properties.
The most popular use for this ingredient is on sunburned skin. It is renowned for its ability to soothe inflamed skin and repair the damage done by the sun to your skin cells. As a result, there are suggestions that it also helps heal burns faster! It’s also not unheard of for Aloe to be used to treat superficial wounds too (i.e. cuts and grazes).
Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, Aloe Vera is also excellent for soothing the itching and redness from insects bites. So it’s the perfect ingredient to keep a look out for in your holiday skincare products!
A lesser known benefit of Aloe Vera, it that is a fantastic anti-ageing ingredient. It exhibits the ability to stimulate collagen and elastin in addition to exfoliating dead skin cells and promoting cell turnover. Consequently, making your skin appear firmer and more radiant.
So what products can you find this magic ingredient in? Here are just a few…
Our Aloe Vera Product Favourites
- Balancing Moisture Remedy: An ultra soothing moisturiser designed for sensitive skin. Its primary ingredient is Aloe Vera which acts as a protective
shield against environmental pollutants by helping skin to retain it’s moisture and repairing damage to epidermal cells. This sensitive skin moisturiser safeguards skin and restores an even, balanced complexion by eliminating redness, diminishing hyperpigmentation and shielding skin against future oxidative damage.
- Corrective Soothing Serum: Pairs well with the Balancing Moisture Remedy. Apply this product before glo-therapeutics Balance Moisture Remedy to help revitalise skin with its nutrient-rich formula, including Aloe. Helps to restore the skin’s natural barrier function, calms irritation, increases strength and enhances radiance.
- Gentle Eye Makeup Remover: Gently and effectively removes all traces of eye makeup. This non-oily formula has been both allergy and clinically tested to be non-irritating for the delicate eye area. Formulated with anti-inflammatory and hydrating active ingredients and antioxidants such as Aloe Vera, Green Tea and Lavender to leave the skin soothed and hydrated.
- Repair Cream: Provides ultimate relief and conditioning for extremely dry hands and feet. Soothes and aids in tissue repair by accelerating the skin’s natural defences. Plus, helps reverse ageing skin by stimulating collagen and elastin.
- Clear Anti-Blemish Treatment: Battles breakouts at the root to eliminate blemishes and prevent future flare-ups. It is also formulated to correct and balance hydration and oil production by repairing skin cells and banishing the bacteria that causes acne.
- glo-minerals Protective Liquid Foundation – Satin II: A skin-nurturing, talc-free and non-comedogenic foundation. It’s a liquid foundation that covers, corrects and protects the skin, leaving it looking glowy and fresh.
- Protecting Lip Treatment SPF15: A moisturising, SPF lip balm that provides broad spectrum UV protection while adding dimension and shine to your lips.
- Mint Balm: An over-sized lip wonder that delivers nourishing botanicals to keep dry lips soft, soothed and supple. This Balm protects lips with SPF 15 while simultaneously
- Cream Eyeliner: Enables easy precision when lining at the lash line and doesn’t irritate sensitive eyes.