In honour of the queen’s upcoming birthday, we thought a royal makeup look was in order. Ever wanted to achieve that subtle elegance that the Duchess of Cambridge effortlessly achieves? We recreate her natural beauty look below.
The first port of call to getting Kate’s flawless skin is, of course, a good skincare routine. There are four basic steps to any good skincare routine: cleanse, tone, moisturise and protect.
- Cleanser: Wash your face twice a day to remove impurities and excess oil.
- Toner: A toner helps to resurface and renew your skin.
- Moisturiser: Restore skin’s hydration with a plumping moisturiser.
- Sun Protection: Protect your skin from UV damage with sunscreen.
Give your skin the royal treatment with a little treatment serum too. A serum like the glo-therapeutics 15% Vitamin C Serum is an excellent multitasker. Vitamin C as an ingredient can help to replenish, repair and renew skin. It really helps make your skin glow.
Royal Makeup Look
Now it’s time for the makeup. Kate Middleton’s makeup is the natural everyday look that any woman can pull off. Her skin always looks flawless and glowing and she pairs it with a minimal amount of eye makeup and a nude or pink lip.
- For your base, start off with a primer to help smooth out your skin and make your foundation glide on effortlessly. Click here to find your perfect primer match.
- Go for a mineral foundation that can give you effective coverage like the Pressed Base. Use a Kabuki Brush to blend it into the skin.
- Follow up with some mineral concealer to help disguise any dark shadows, unwanted blemishes and discolouration.
- Then set it all with your favourite powder.
- Kate also has rosy cheeks, giving her a healthy glow, so choose a peach-pink blusher that suits your skin tone. We give a step by step guide on achieving flushed cheeks here.
As already noted, Kate’s eyes are pretty understated. So all you’ll really need is an eyeliner pencil to draw a thin across the top of your lid. Then follow up with some mascara for fluttering lashes.