Hyaluronic acid, also known as HA, is a beauty buzzword that you’ve probably seen or heard pop up a number of times in the past year or so. Whether it’s on a skincare product label, in the latest beauty article you read or mentioned in a YouTube video; it’s safe to say that hyaluronic acid is a very popular ingredient right now. But why? What makes it such a coveted ingredient? It has many important functions for the skin.
Top Skin Benefits Of Hyaluronic Acid (HA)
As you age, the levels of HA being naturally produced in the skin decreases, but hyaluronic acid is a key element to keeping skin looking youthful. Here are some of the skin benefits HA delivers:
- Helps to hold in moisture to keep skin hydrated and fresh.
- One molecule alone can hold up to 1000 times its own weight in water.
- By keeping skin hydrated it thus ensures it appears plumper, firmer and more radiant.
- It can also reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Improves the texture of the skin.
- Aids in tissue repair.
- Holds together collagen and elastin.
- Creates a protective barrier against free radical damage.
Hyaluronic Acid In Skincare
What products can you find this wonder-ingredient in? Here are some of our favourites below.
- Oil Free SPF 40+ – This is an excellent daily sunscreen for broad-spectrum sun protection but it also contains HA to prevent trans-epidermal water loss and to protect the skin against free radical damage. What’s more, it contains Panthenol (D-) to help further increase the skin’s hyaluronic acid content.
- Oil Free Moisturizer – This moisturiser is very simply the best moisturiser for combination skin and oily skin. It’s lightweight and yet includes HA to ensure that skin is properly hydrated, replenished and protected.
- Daily Hydration+ – A superstar in skin hydration. This is a hyaluronic acid serum protects the skin from environmental hazards and oxidative stress. Keeping it looking younger and fresher for longer.
To see more products that include HA click here.