We love the elegance and glamour that celebs bring to the Cannes red carpet and this year was no different! With so many stunning dresses and gorgeous beauty looks it was tough to pick out a favourite. But our winner ended up being the beautiful Eva Longoria who wore a stunning Marchesa dress. Though, it was her makeup look that really had us swooning. We love the bold coloured winged liner looks she loves to play with and this one was just as pretty. A pretty glitter blue cat eye with contoured cheeks and a nude lip. It’s something we’d definitely want to try for a glam evening out. So check out how we recreated this makeup look with mineral makeup below!
Eva Longoria’s 2017 Cannes Makeup Look
- To get Eva Longoria’s gorgeously full-yet-natural-looking eyebrows, start by brushing through your brows with a Spoolie Brush. If there are few particularly stubborn, unruly hairs our little trick is to scrape our Spoolie Brush on a bar of soap and then run it through the hairs. This helps to set any stragglers in place without setting the brow completely.
- Next, you will need the Brow Quad and a Dual Brow Brush. The Brow Quad comes with two brow powder shades so you can customise the perfect colour to match your eyebrows. Taking the larger end of the Dual Brow Brush fill in any sparse hairs and define your brows to your liking.
- Then take the smaller end of the brush and apply the wax from your eyebrow kit. This will set the hairs in place and ensure the longevity of your brow makeup.
- The first step to ensuring that your eye makeup is long-lasting and remains crease-free is to apply a Shadow Primer. Utilising a mineral eyeshadow primer will also neutralise your skin tone to enable your eyeshadow colours to appear more vibrant. Blend your eyeshadow primer onto a clean lid using either your fingertips or the glo-minerals Camouflage Brush. You only need a small amount to effectively cover your eyelid from lash line to brow bone.
- To help your mineral eyeshadow makeup blend seamlessly, take a matte eyeshadow shade like the single mineral eyeshadow in Bamboo and apply all over the lid with a fluffy brush like the Texture Eye Brush.
- Then go into your Smokey Eye Kit – Cool and mix the two cooler shades together (top right & bottom left). Blend them into your crease as your transition shade using Eye Blender Blush.
- Next line your upper lashline with an ultra thin winged line using the Precise Micro Eyeliner in Black.
- Follow this by drawing your dramatic winged liner just above it with the Jeweled Eye Pencil in Cobalt.
- To really get that sparkle that Eva Longoria achieves, dip your Camouflage Brush into Dust 24k in Silver. (If there is no remaining eyeshadow primer on the brush, re-apply the tiniest amount to help the product stick to your brush.) Then pack this highlighter powder carefully on top of your eyeshadow pencil and into the inner corners of the lid to really make your eye makeup dazzle.
- Going back to your Precise Micro Eyeliner, line your waterline with this black eyeliner. For added dramatic effect you can apply this eyeliner very closely to the lower lash line and smudge out a little with a Smudge Brush for the ultimate smokey eye look.
- Finally, coat your eyelashes with Lash Boosting Mascara for fluttery, thick lashes.
- Since this eye makeup look is very glittery there is a risk of fall out which is why we advise you to leave the base until after you’ve done your eye makeup.
- So, before any base application, wipe away any eyeshadow fallout with Eye Makeup Remover then you can get started on your foundation.
- For the glowing skin that Eva Longoria had, start by priming your skin with a makeup primer. This will even out irregular skin tones and fill in pores, for a smooth complexion. Discover the ideal makeup primer for your skin type here.
- Then for radiant skin apply Pressed Base with the Ultra Brush for a flawless complexion. If you’d prefer a super dewy finish go for the Luxe Liquid Foundation SPF 18 or Protective Liquid Foundation – Satin II and use the Luxe Foundation Brush. They both provide excellent coverage and a more luminous, glowing finish.
- Conceal unwanted blemishes, dark circles and brighten up your skin with a mineral concealer. Learn more about colour correction and what products you need to cover anything from acne and rosacea to pigmentation and dark circles.
- Set this base with the Luxe Setting Powder to blur fine lines and imperfections for a luminous soft focus effect using the Luxe Setting Powder Brush.
Contour and Highlight
- To recreate Eva Longoria’s simultaneously contoured and strobed skin, you will first need your contour palette and a Contour/Highlight Brush. Using the round end of the brush, apply the darker shades to the hollows of your cheekbones, across your forehead, down the sides of your nose and along your jawline and chin.
- Although, contour placement does depend on your face shape. So, check out the ideal contouring technique you need to implement for your face shape here.
- What’s more, remember that when choosing a contour shade, it should be two shades darker than your complexion.
- For that gorgeous highlight, get your Dust 24k and the shade that will most suit your skin tone. Then taking a Fan Brush, sweep it just above your cheekbones and down the bridge of your nose for that ultra-glowy skin look.
- We like to then blend our blusher into the apples of our cheeks, after our highlighter application, so that the highlight blends into the look and appears more natural.